RSS

Philippines: GSM Frequency Band

19 Sep

Been searching for GSM frequency in the Philippines, and up to now I’m still not sure which one it is. Anyway, here’s a table for your reference, I’ll be updating it if I get more information.

Service Provider GSM Frequency Band 3G Standard 3G Frequency Band
Globe Telecom 900 MHz/1800 MHz W-CDMA (UMTS) 2100 MHz
Smart Communications 900 MHz/1800 MHz W-CDMA (UMTS) 2100 MHz
Sun Cellular 1800 MHz - -

42 Comments

Posted in Mobile

Tags: , , , , ,

1. PAULO

2010/10/11 at 4:53 PM

ahm alam ko po ang smart at globe ang gamit nilang fqz band is 900 at ung sun is 1800 kc ung sun hndi cya gumana sa nokia 5110 ko dati na single band lng pala.. at sa pagkaka alam ko po wla po tayo w-cdma network dito sa pinas 3g umts magkaiba po kc ito.

2. dukz

2010/10/18 at 1:00 PM

parehas lang yung w-cdma and umts. Yung CDMA and CDMA2000 yung isa. :)

3. Jay

2010/10/28 at 6:05 AM

I’m planning to take my wife to the Philippines next year. I wanna know if our jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 4 will work there. Also, will putting in a Globe 3g SIM provide me with high-speed data? I heard Globe is better than Smart in terms of data service. Please advise. Thanks.

4. dukz

2010/10/29 at 2:44 PM

@jay Should work just fine. I have a friend with a jailbroken iPhone 4 in Manila, and it worked fine. It would depend, personally, I prefer Smart because of it’s wider coverage. Then again, I haven’t been staying in the Philippines for 5 years now, so I can’t say.

5. kim

2010/12/12 at 4:37 PM

i’ve got no phone signal inside my house. i’m tired of going outside my house whenever to make a call or text message. is there something you can do to help me on this matter?i’m globe subscriber.

6. DHEA Dosage

2011/01/28 at 9:57 PM

.”* I am really thankful to this topic because it really gives useful information “”

7. Circuit Breaker

2011/01/30 at 7:20 AM

~,* I am very thankful to this topic because it really gives useful information ‘:;

8. Angel

2011/02/24 at 12:36 AM

any update on the 3g standard and frequency band sun cellular is using for their sun broadband products?

9. Fisher

2011/04/17 at 5:29 PM

will the nokia x3 smartphone uses GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband) work with Globe in the Philippines?

10. dukz

2011/04/25 at 1:39 PM

It should work without any problems.

11. steev

2011/05/07 at 12:25 PM

is the broadband signal on the same frequency?

@kim: a cell signal booster may be the solution for you. just be very careful of the band frequency. there are boosters for globe and smart only, other boosters include sun cellular

12. Ken

2011/05/09 at 3:55 PM

hello po meron po ako iPhone4 pero pina unlock ko pra magamit ko ang Globe..ngayon naman po wala siya signal..meron po ba kayo alam na gawin besides dun sa airplane mode on/off..

13. Cara

2011/05/25 at 9:54 AM

hi I will be buying a samsung galaxy I9100 S II unlocked from states i would like to verify if this phone will work with globe frequency for 3G data service? please help!

14. Francis Uy

2011/06/02 at 1:09 AM

Would an HTC Thunderbolt bought from the states work with a globe sim when used here in the Philippines? Thanks!

15. paul

2011/06/26 at 3:08 PM

can i use my cdma htc evo 4g here? using globe or what you refer? hehe tnx

16. Lloyd Vonderheide

2011/07/08 at 3:07 AM

¥ “I think you’ve made some truly interesting points”

17. Alvin

2011/09/14 at 11:53 PM

I found your weblog on the internet and check several of the early posts. Preserve up the superb operate. Trying to find forward to studying more of your stuff at a later date!…

18. Rance

2011/09/19 at 3:58 PM

Globe – Great coverage, good speed (data), great options, quite common users are middle to upper class citizens/workers

Smart – Good coverage, good speed, okay options, quite common users are the masses

Both have awful customer support.

But then again, I only have to complain about Globe’s APN settings when I switched phone (which is STILL not resolved up until now), but I had to complain a lot about Smart losing signal too often (even with the presence of the huge Smart Tower thingie right outside my house).

Also, I have a bad experience in using the Smart SIM (lost more than 300 peso credits for absolutely no reason whatsoever… customer support declined to comment, saying they have no records of it… my scratched card says otherwise, bah) after using it for… 3 days? I never had issues with Globe when it comes to disappearing load credits.

In the end, it’s all gonna be up to you. Both have pros and cons.

Personally though, I like using my Globe SIM more than my Smart or Sun SIM. Coz I don’t have too much issues with Globe. Then again, maybe it’s just me. I’ve had my SIM for several ears now (1st Gen Globe SIM user here people). Which reminds me… I need to have Globe upgrade my SIM into the newer ones soon… maybe my mobile internet issues would be fixed.

19. http://image-gratuit.com/image-gratuit-avec-belles-images-dauphins-174

2011/12/15 at 12:26 PM

Thank you for another excellent article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

20. Jefrey

2012/02/23 at 8:55 PM

need help Anong frequency ng wireless ng smrt at globe

21. Jefrey

2012/02/23 at 8:57 PM

kasi ang china ito s kanila (wireless frequency:315Mhz and 433Mhz)

22. Lorenza Speranza

2012/03/21 at 1:05 PM

co-sleeping has been found to be a risk factor for infant deaths due to suffocation by parents. sit down and read together.

23. henry gapz

2012/04/20 at 7:47 AM

I have a black berry 9850 Sprint, will it work in Philippines after I unlock it.

24. jung

2012/06/27 at 2:49 PM

Gusto ko sanang bumili ng Dell Phone pero nakasabi “This unlocked cell phone is compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile. Not all carrier features may be supported. It will not work with CDMA carriers like Verizon Wireless, Alltel and Sprint.” Will this work in Philippines? Like Globe / Sun/ Smart.

Thanks…

25. payeah

2012/07/05 at 1:15 PM

hey dukz what mobile signal booster can u recommend? my network provider is sun cellular

26. jumaroranda

2012/11/28 at 9:59 PM

fm radio btuan

27. ely rosete

2012/12/03 at 2:13 PM

I have a GSM 850/1800/1900 MHz band. Pwede ba ito sa Pinas?

28. nestor

2012/12/17 at 12:31 PM

hmm pwede ko po bang magamit yung verizon iphone 5 dyan sa pinas ?

29. dennis

2013/02/09 at 4:06 PM

@ ely rosete: yes since phils is using GSM 900 / 1800 frequencies. QUESTION tho, I have an unlocked att phone but since it’s using GSM 850 / 1900 frequencies only, will there be a way to make it work here in Phils? any work around? :)

30. gumball

2013/03/13 at 1:56 PM

kua gagana po ba dito sa pinas ang cellphone na gling sa ibang bansa pero GSM UNLOCKED PHONE cya pede ko ba un saksakan ng sim globe prepaid? pti ung dun sa mga band nya kasali na ung network band nten

31. Jason

2013/04/26 at 10:49 PM

Let me set up the scene:

I was in the Philippines using a Nokia Asha 200 (bought locally there) with a Globe sim.

Arrived back home, Virginia, and set the Globe sim to roam but failed to work. Almost gave up but tried an alternative and asked a friend to send me another “roaming” sim but this time using Smart.

The roaming Smart sim worked!! … but not on the Nokia Asha 200 phone, why not? Also, I can’t text back with the Smart roaming sim so I have to use my AT&T cell (my local phone here in Virginia). I have to use an antique cell phone just to be able to recieve any text messages through the Smart sim.

I’m trying to consolidate and figure out the problem.

1. Why did the Nokia Asha 200 not work here in Virginia?

2. Why did the Globe roaming sim not work on either the Nokia or the currently functioning antique phone?

3. Why can’t I send any text messages through the Smart roaming sim?

ALSO, I’m looking into signing up to Ultra Mobile sim to have unlimited international text to the Philippines. What phone will I need or use?

Preferrable I want a phone with QWERTY, Dual sim for the Globe or Smart roaming sim in one and the Ultra Mobile sim in the other to use here in America.

Thanks.

32. ssd cloud servers

2013/04/29 at 3:08 PM

Seriously, amazing weblog design! Precisely how lengthy do you think you’re running a blog intended for? you have made blogs glimpse easy. The entire appearance of the web site is superb, not to mention necessary . content!

33. cuayo

2013/05/08 at 10:55 AM

Hi planning on getting on HTC one from the states, here are its compatible frequencies:
    HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US)

will it work here in the philippines? thanks :)

34. Dennis

2013/05/08 at 10:55 AM

Meron po ba rito nakakaalam kung ano ung GSM frequency ng globe at smart sa mt. apo. kasi po bumili ng signal repeater ang client namin e 900Mhz naman sya e di naman umandar. literally sa mout apo po sa mindanao. sa bundok mismo. salamat po

35. Reuel

2013/05/11 at 8:27 PM

@Dennis -900 & 1800 ang signal sa buong Pinas. Kung walang signal sa Mt. Apo….walang ma-amplify ang repeater. Kung may signal, pero mahina, puedeng oobra.

@Cuayo -it should work as you have a quad-band.

@Jason -most probably you bought a dual-band (900/1800 MHz) Nokia Asha 200 phone in the Philippines. The frequency used in US are 850/1900 MHz, therefore your Nokia transmission can’t be picked up by ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, etc towers. It is not your sim card….it’s your phone.

@Gumball -kung tri-band o quad-band o may frequency na 900 o 1800 yung GSM Unlocked phone mo, gagana yan sa Pinas.

36. google

2013/05/24 at 8:06 PM

you are looking tired and are miserable — I.

37. www.kayenta.de

2013/06/08 at 6:54 AM

Hello There. I found your blog – using live messenger. It really is an exceptionally well crafted
    short article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to share with you really your useful information.

38. rc

2013/06/13 at 2:46 AM

Service Providers frequency in the Philippines, I got it in the forum called symbianized while doing some research.
    Regards to the author.

Globe Telecom:

>GSM Frequency Band – 900 MHz/1800 MHz (Dual Band)

>3G Frequency Band W-CDMA (UMTS) – 850Mhz/2100 MHz, UMTS/3G 1900(uplink)/2100(downlink)(Dual Band)

>4G (live LTE, WiMAX, HSPA+, test, license) – 4G Globe HSPA+ WiMAX 1800Mhz(Launch Date: September 2012)

Smart Communications:

>GSM Frequency Band – 850Mhz/900 MHz/1800 MHz (Tri-Band)

>3G Frequency Band W-CDMA (UMTS) 2100 MHz
    UMTS/3G 1900(uplink)/2100(downlink) (Dual Band)

>4G (live LTE, WiMAX, HSPA+, test, license) – LTE HSPA+ WiMAX 850/1800/2100Mhz (Launch Date: August 2012)

Sun Cellular

>GSM Frequency Band – 1800 MHz (Single Band)

>3G Frequency Band W-CDMA (UMTS) 850Mhz/1900Mhz/2100 MHz, UMTS/3G 1900(uplink)/2100(downlink) (Dual Band)

>4G (live LTE, WiMAX, HSPA+, test, license) Testing (Plans To Use The LTE frequency of Smart Communication)

39. joseph

2013/07/12 at 12:25 AM

just wanna ask which phone will work better in the philippines…HTC ONE X PLUS ATT VERSION or the HTC ONE X PLUS INTERNATIONAL VERSION…the att version has 4G LTE …can i use the phone with put any issue or problem and can i access my email too…

40. jnx

2013/09/25 at 6:08 AM

i was going to have a project in UHF RFID.. ano po ginagamit natin na frequency?

41. Grace Joy

2013/10/26 at 1:53 AM

Awesome, great information.

Thanks!
    It was a lot of help :)

42. Grace Joy

2013/11/19 at 4:05 PM

I have Sprint network.

Will this phone work in the Philippines if I cut off their service and get Smart or Globe network?

And no, it’s not a GSM phone.
    HELP!